Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Where Is The Love?

Yup that’s exactly the question I have in my mind- Where Is The Love?? No, no I am not seeking to fall in love or something. I am talking about the missing love in relationship these days. Mind it when I say love I am not considering the love of our family because that’s unconditional. It doesn’t demand any damn thing. It’s about relationships of the present generation. You must be thinking why I am asking this question because there is so much of love already. But hey hanging out in the coffee shop, going out for parties, spending lavishly, going for movies together, coo chi-cooing each other all the time is just not enough. That doesn’t mean you don’t go out or spend time with your partner. Spending quality time is really important. But always sticking to each other is not necessary at all. Or at least that’s what I feel.
Love is something that comes from within. You can’t force yourself to love someone.
I know that till date there has been no definition for love because love can’t be defined or explained. It’s something that you can feel from within. Different people have different perception of love. For me love is that wonderful feeling that gives you peace and a sense of belonging. Its makes you feel happy and fresh. Being in love should elevate your senses and not make you feel depressed all the time. Love means trusting and understanding each other no matter what happens. Giving space to each other instead of acting like Sherlock Holmes and making the other person feel suffocated.
From my personal experiences I have seen relations going sour because of things which are so stupid and unimportant. Saying I love you every time you speak doesn’t increase your love. But one of my friend broke up with her guy just because he forgot to say “love you” while hanging up. This made her feel that he didn’t love her anymore. I felt like saying, “Girl, get real. This is so not happening.” This is the reason why the sentence “I love you” is losing its actual meaning and importance.
I remember another instance regarding this “Love” thing. A friend of mine comes up to me and says that she “dumped” her guy. Reason- she was experimenting love with him and found that he was not suitable for her because he couldn’t meet her much or take her for a ride in those flashy cars. Funny!!
Many of my friends are in a committed relation and I am really happy for them. But what makes me wonder is that do they even know what does being committed exactly mean? From my point of view being committed means a promise made to each other that whatever may come unto them each will support the other, letting go of all egos and standing by one another during tough times, giving an assurance that, “ yes I will be there for you”, a shoulder to cry when things go bad. To be honest I rarely see these things in relations these days. Relationship in the present generation has a totally different meaning and idea. Its all about that “chiggy wiggy” thing.
Its becoming a trend amongst us youngsters of having a boyfriend or girlfriend whether they are in love or not. Flaunting one’s partner is becoming something of a status symbol. It’s very common to hear my friends say “I am in love” and when they say love it means going out for parties, talking over the phone for hours and hours late at night, buying gifts that are beyond their reach that too from their parent’s money and many such thing. And when things get a bit rough that’s the end of the relation, what we call as “a break up”. Then sets in depression and gloominess. But after few days the hunt for a new guy/ girl begins.
Now a days there is less of tolerance and more of ego, less of feeling and more of show-offs. The care and the warmth is missing. More of complication and less of affection. It really saddens me to see these things because if this continues our life will be filled with depression and frustration. We wont be able to enjoy the beauty of our life.
Relationships are based on the pillars of trust, love and understanding. Even if one single pillar goes missing its difficult to carry on.

2 comments:

  1. I agree to ur points although I a still belive in love the old school way. Beautifully written!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey i really liked this one....
    Vry well written!!!!

    ReplyDelete